Monday, March 26, 2012

LA Streetsblog Fundraiser At Library Ale House (Tuesday Mar. 26th)


I've mentioned on twitter a few times, that LA Streetsblog is having another fundraising event at Library Ale House on Main St. in Santa Monica, but realized I hadn't put up here on the blog yet. 10% of the proceeds for all food and drinks for the day and evening go to L.A. Streetsblog and there are special raffle prizes (including a whole bike) that will be up for grabs for those who buy tickets.

I made it to the evening portion of the same event last year and it was a great time catching up with other advocates and plan nerds of various stripes in LA. This year is of special significance for me, because I'm getting paid to write for Streetblog now, covering Santa Monica. This event will be pitching into the fund that is allowing LA Streetsblog to hire additional writers like myself to broaden their coverage.

So if you've appreciated the content I've been writing here and elsewhere over the years, stopping by the Library Ale House tomorrow is one way to support my writing pursuits. Hope to see some of you there, and I'm planning to be there most of the later evening.

And while you're there, you can check out the new permanent bike corrals installed on Main Street. Santa Monica is plowing ahead with it's new bike plan and it's really showing in the past few weeks.

More info on LA Streetsblog
Facebook Event Page

Library Ale House
2911 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405 (map)

No comments: