Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanks To Those Who Came Out For Santa Monica Bike Action Plan Update

Santa Monica Bicycle Action Plan Meeting, Dec 13 2010
(The room was packed, and 3 rows of seats were added behind me after it became apparent they under estimated the head count)
I've been really busy lately, so I haven't been able to finish my complete review as quickly as I would like. However while I put together my more complete thoughts on how the meeting transpired, I wanted to say thanks to all who turned out. It was a great showing, and a lot of input given. I saw some of the regular folks that show up to these things, but also a lot of unfamiliar faces, and at least one person who approached me as a reader of this blog I had not met before. I also won a copy of Bicycle Diaries by David Byrne, as part of a raffle all cyclists who parked in the bike valet were entered into. Actually Kent Strumpell, a well known figure in cycling advocacy, won it first, but declined since he owned a copy already.

To all who came, thanks again, and I hope you can make it to the next opportunity for input on the plan as well. I'll keep you posted as dates come up.

No comments: