Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Wife Meghan Is Teaching Women's Bike Commuting Clinic @ SM REI Today At 7pm

 Getting Ready For The Last Stretch

My wife Meghan is currently working at REI in Santa Monica, and she is hosting her first clinic there tonight. She recently became an LCI (League Certified Instructor) by the League of American Bicyclists, and she'll talking about safe and confident road cycling, and tips for bike commuting for women. Currently there is a significant gender gap in bike commuting in America and one of Meghan's goals when she signed up to become an LCI was to try and get more women into cycling.

I can certainly vouch that she knows her stuff, and we have ridden literally thousands of miles together, all over Los Angeles, and all over the State of California. So if you or someone you know is a lady looking for more confidence and safety on the road, be sure to check it out, this clinic is free. It's a bit of a short notice, but I'll try to give more of a heads up the next time she puts together a class.

1 comment:

graciela. said...

This sounds like an awesome idea. Wish I could go tonight but I have to take my cat to the vet in the evening. Would love to go next time so keep us posted.