Thursday, October 22, 2009

Work Monster Attacks

BUSINESS PKWY

In an unfortunate bit of timing, right now when so much is going in the world of cycling in Los Angeles, with the Mandeville road rage trial in progress, the LA Bike Plan short comings, and plenty of other things going on, I am super slammed for an extended period at work. This whole job thing pays for my bikes and student loans so I must beckon it's call. I won't be able to contribute much to the discussion of cycling for a little while longer, but in the meantime there are lots of other great blogs and news sources following what's going on. If you aren't already reading some of the other cycling blogs in LA, check out my links in the sidebar.

3 comments:

Jacob H. said...

I just found your blog and really like it. I was able to participate with the LA Bike Count that occurred about 3 weeks ago, counting bike travel at (at least) 60 intersections in LA. I try to spread the word about the safety we are ensuing for LA's bicyclists.
But I have to tell you the first thing that caught my eye: I like your green Schwinn Twinn at the top of the page. I have a '72 5speed Twinn in green with 27x1 1/4 tires (although the paint on mine is not as solid as the one in your picture). Maybe one day it will be a Paramount Twinn! Always fun to ride tandem! (Although thank you for re-announcing that accident in your entry below. It is a call to action in LA and everywhere.)

Claire A said...

Gary,
My name is Claire Atkins and I'm a broadcast journalism major at USC doing a story on the new L.A. Bike Plan. I really enjoy your blog and wanted to see if I could interview you sometime in the next few days. More importantly, I was wondering if I could follow you biking, possibly to work or around sometime on Friday. Please e-mail me at claireat@usc.edu. Thanks so much!

Claire A said...

Gary,
My name is Claire Atkins and I'm a broadcast journalist student at USC doing a story on the new L.A. Bike Plan. I would love to interview you sometime in the next few days, but more importantly I was wondering if I could follow you on your bike, possibly on Friday. I want to have footage from a biker's perspective in LA. Please e-mail me at claireat@usc.edu. Thanks so much!