Monday, May 19, 2008

Photographing L.A. Bike Culture: Opening Night

Photographing L.A. Bike Culture

On May 10th was the opening night of the Photographing L.A. Bike Culture show that was hosted by my AIDS LifeCycle team. It featured work by members of the team including a set of my own work. This was my first time being heavily involved with putting on a real gallery show, and I was so happy it was a success.

At the peak the gallery was packed with wall to wall people, happily eating our bake sale treats, discussing the art, and just having a good time socializing. I was incredibly excited to have my own red stickers to mark pieces that sold.

Photographing L.A. Bike Culture

Photographing L.A. Bike Culture

A huge thanks to everyone who came out and made the event a success, to the members of the team who helped put this together, Stevo for helping organize things, and of course our wonderful host the Bike Oven. Additional thanks to Meghan for keeping me sane, Liz for getting those red stickers on such short notice, and Marcus for postponing the Wetside Ride so we could be the main event that Saturday Night.

No comments: